Hi

I recently bought a Google Home and found it wouldnt work with Amazon Music without simply using bluetooth and the bluetooth was skipping for some reason. So i downloaded Google Play music and cancelled my Amazon music sub in favour of Google play.

However, when i deleted loads of old albums from many years back using my windows PC in the browser, it didnt delete them from my other devices. I cleared cache, made sure in accounts it was set to sync and then refreshed the music in play music and on all bar one device this sorted it.

This one device still playing up is my android car head unit running full fat android 6.0. it's awesome generally but i have followed all those same steps then even completely uninstalled play music and reinstalled then followed those sync steps and still no good.

now, the songs or albums i want to delete on the head unit dont even have the delete or remove option even if i try to delete them on that device directly. they also dont have cover art.

it's driving me crazy.

any thoughts?

thanks, marc
    09-14-2017 02:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just to clarify -- when you say you deleted a bunch of albums using the browser on your PC, do you mean that you went to your Google Play Music library website on the browser, selected an album that was saved to your GPM library in the cloud, and deleted it there?

Is it possible that the car unit has a bunch of those albums saved locally?
    09-15-2017 08:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just to clarify -- when you say you deleted a bunch of albums using the browser on your PC, do you mean that you went to your Google Play Music library website on the browser, selected an album that was saved to your GPM library in the cloud, and deleted it there?

Is it possible that the car unit has a bunch of those albums saved locally?

yes i went to the google play music site on my browser and deleted those albums. now you mention it the car stereo has some local music. i thought i would need to CHOSE to upload them from the stereo but could it be it is adding them to that list without my choosing?

thanks for the reply
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-16-2017 04:26 PM
    Yes, that's possible. On the car stereo, can you go into the Google Play Music app's settings? If so, then Clear Cache, and also tap Manage Downloads, and see if there's any downloaded music there. If so, delete it there.
    09-16-2017 10:52 PM
    Yes, that's possible. On the car stereo, can you go into the Google Play Music app's settings? If so, then Clear Cache, and also tap Manage Downloads, and see if there's any downloaded music there. If so, delete it there.
    thanks mate, i'll take a look
    09-20-2017 02:41 PM