Dear All,

Please help put an end to my misery. For over 4 days now, I have had an annoying background music playing on my S8+ which I have managed to narrow down as coming from the Chrome app. There are no windows open... The app itself isn't showing as running... I can't uninstall it as such as it is a pre-built app on the phone, and every time I disable it or force stop it, the music stops for a few seconds before starting back up again. (even when Chrome is disabled).

I only realised it was playing from Chrome by going app by app and force stopping them one by one. I have tried uninstalling updates and reinstalling them through the Play Store to no avail, and I'm running out of options other than to try a factory reset which I really don't want to have to do. Either that, or turn the media volume of my phone forever.

Can anyone suggest anything for me to try before I go mad at hearing the same 20 second ish loop of jazz type music?

Thanks in advance
    09-15-2017 03:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried going to the App Manager, selecting Chrome, and clearing cache/data? Or go to the Chrome settings and clear all of your browsing data from the beginning of time, since just clearing data might let it resync with your Chrome settings in the cloud.
    09-15-2017 03:52 PM