Why is the water vapour in my camera lens not going away?

Keri B

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi I am in desperate need to clear the water droplets from my camera lens. I have a Sony Xperia Z5 and I ran it under a faucet to wash it. About a day later I noticed water droplets in the camera lens. I have tried the blow dryer on the lowest setting but that didn't work. I have also tried leaving in rice overnight with flaps open. I have also tried 4K video and AR but that's not working either.

Please help! Very disappointed with Sony :(

Thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Because the phone is water resistant (not waterproof), which means that it it's raining and the phone is in a pocket that gets wet, or if it's very carefully placed in water, the water will stay out. "Washing" the phone causes enough pressure to force water into the phone, and I'm afraid that by now it's too late to do anything to save it. It may work now, but it's slowly going to degrade until it stops working. Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! (And rice has destroyed ore phones than dropping them, sitting on them and hitting them with a hammer combined. It's absolutely not something to do to a phone - it only makes the problem worse.)

Don't be disappointed with Sony, be disappointed with your misunderstanding of "water resistant". That's okay though - most people think it means waterproof.

J R Wesson

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
I didn't know that rice is what not to do for something like this if it happens to me, & I have kept it in my mental rolidex for a long time, now. (on to find how/why rice is fire & water is,.. well, water to a phone; I'm guessing it's the starch?)
But that's why I read answers to seemingly common questions in AC forums.
I like teh learnings & teachings.. heh
Thanks again, Mr Ambassador Rukbat Petty Officer General, sir!

JЯW

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieharrison