New to the forums and reasonably new to Android.

I bought a Thunderbolt a little over a month ago. I didn't return it after 14 days because I was generally happy with it. My only complaints were the battery and size of the phone.

Tried out the just released DINC2 and like it a lot. It seems to fix my issues with the TB. I do have 4G in my area. However I would rather have a phone that lasts all day then one that uploads a webpage 15 secs faster.

I planned to buy the DINC2 at retail and then sell my TB on ebay.

I've been told by 2 Verizon stores that I cannot do this because the SIM card is global. Can anyone explain this better to me? I am confused as to why this is a problem and I am a little frustrated that they are turning down my money.

Thanks in advance.
    05-11-2011 06:37 PM
    Tell them you want to buy it on a Month to Month contract. That's VZW's terminology for Retail.

The World phone thing is complete nonsense.

Worst comes to worst, call VZW and order it through them, and tell them that the stores won't sell monthly contracts.

Set Your Location
    05-11-2011 06:56 PM
    World phone? Global? Exactly... as Stig said... nonsense.

Global, usually means, you have international roaming. And as for the phone itself, most modern phones have quad frequencies which means they can be used in most countries. There are however, a few countries in Africa whom operate on an additional frequency.

And, if the phone you buy is a GSM, you can always unlock it to use "any" providers SIM card.

Don't listen to what Verizon, Att, others say.

IE; Cingular (now AT&T) told me a phone I bought from them a few years ago could only be used on AT&T networks. Phhhhtttttttttt.... Unlock, and wow... All networks,,,,

I prefer, pay as you go.
    05-13-2011 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD