When you hard press on home screen, it brings you to the page where you can add widgets or change grid size.

Is it possible to add new widgets or download any new ones ?

I've never been able to figure that out. I notice once in a while I've downloaded a certain app which then appears in the add widget screen, but seems to be for only a very few apps that show up as widgets.

Also there used to be a scrapbook widget, you could add up to 3 pics and adjust the size, then dedicate a screen to them. The widget seems to have been removed in a older Android update. Wasn't sure if anything like that still exists, but was one of the reasons I was curious if new widgets could be downloaded somehow, or if we're stuck with whatever shows up.
    09-20-2017 05:10 PM
    It would be helpful to know which device, OS version you are using. You can download widgets from Samsung and Google Play, don't know about the others.
    09-20-2017 05:20 PM
    You can download widgets, but for the apps you already have, it's up to the dev to include a widget option with the app. Some widgets, however, are 'launcher dependent'; for instance, widgets specific to Samsung's TouchWiz (or whatever they call it now), won't show up for 3rd party launchers like Nova.

You can also download apps to create your own widgets, like Zooper, which basically let you create any widget you want, provided you put in the right elements/code.
    09-20-2017 05:23 PM
    It would be helpful to know which device, OS version you are using. You can download widgets from Samsung and Google Play, don't know about the others.
    It's a Note 8 with Nougat I believe is what comes pre-installed. I'll try Google Play, didn't realize you could download widgets, thanks!
    09-20-2017 05:27 PM
    Moved from General News to General Help.
    09-21-2017 12:07 PM