Note8 Calendar Entries Not Synching With Desktop Via Exchange

Jeff4190

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
I just got the Note8 and love it, but just discovered 1 problem. I am synched to an Office 365 exchange account for work. Everything seemed great until I entered a calendar event on the phone last week and realized today (when it was too late) that it never synched with my desktop. This is a one-way problem only. Entries on my desktop are synching just fine to the phone, but a calendar entry on the phone is not making its way back to my desktop.

Email and everything else seems to be working just fine.

I've checked the synch settings on the phone and I believe all the correct permissions have been made. I looked for similar settings on the desktop program, but didn't see anything. This has to be a settings issue, but I don't know how to fix it. The odd thing is that is was not an issue on my Note 5, and I don't think any of the settings were different. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff4190

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
I've figured out part of the problem. My phone has Google Calendar set as the default calendar app. I want my work account that is tied to the exchange server to be the default account, but I can't find out how to change the default setting. Help?

Jeff4190

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
In case this helps someone else, I went into the settings button directly from the calendar app and turned off every other calendar. That seemed to work. If you like to use more than 1 calendar, I still don't know how to change the default, but this is a successful work around for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance