2 random Android settings questions.

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Howdy all. :)

Was wondering today about a couple of things.

Is there a way to create a shortcut on the homescreen linking to the 'Connections' options in the main system settings? Or at the very least a shortcut for the list of Wi-Fi networks available to connect to?

And.... how about setting the 'Sync' to only sync when the phone is charging or plugged in?

Would be very handy to have these things... for me anyway. :)

Thanks. :)

(Note 8)

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Android Central. What phone do you have, and what version of Android is it running?

Hi Laura. :)

I'm not new here... but thanks for the welcome anyway. ;)

It's a Note 8 as I typed at the bottom of my post. :)

Androud version is 7.1.1 (experience version 8.5)

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is available on the Note8, but try this:

1. Long-press an empty part of the homescreen, then tap Widget.
2. Add the Settings widget to the homescreen -- it should then prompt you for which settings you want it to open.
3. Choose Wi-fi.

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Ello B. Diddy. :)

Unfortunately I don't have an Android settings widget or any other settings or wifi widgets. There's lots of wifi widgets on the play store which i could use though. Ideally I'd just like to be able to just put a shortcut on the home screen which takes you directly to the stock wifi settings. Looks like I'll have to make do with a 3rd party solution. :)

Thanks. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In that case, I like Notification Toggles, which puts a toggle bar in your swipedown notification panel.

If you long-press the native wi-fi toggle in the Quick Settings, does that also take you to the wi-fi settings?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance