Android 7 Clock alarm won't turn off on notification screen

Aug 26, 2017
Visit site
I'm having issues with the Clock on a new Samsung Galaxy J7. This is the app that came on the phone and I'm not sure if it is specific to Samsung or Android. The problem is that when the alarm goes off, and my phone is asleep, the alarm shows on the notification screen with an option to Snooze or X. The X is in a circle and arrows blink on either side of the circle - sort of like this.... < X > but the < and > blink off and on. (Efforts to take a screen shot fail because the buttons will snooze the alarm.)

I can tap the snooze button to effectively "snooze" the alarm, but nothing I have tried will turn the alarm off on this screen. I have tried the following:
  • tap the X
  • press and hold the X
  • swipe right
  • swipe left
  • using two fingers, swipe in opposite directions indicated by the < >
None of these actions have any effect on the alarm. The snooze button is the only one that works and if I set if for "no snooze" it will just ring till it's done. This cannot be the way this is supposed to operate. Is this app corrupt or am I doing something wrong? If this is the way the app is supposed to work, then can someone suggest a different alarm clock app that can be turned off at the notification screen?

Aug 26, 2017
Visit site
Yes B Diddy, that's the same screen and the directions in the link (tap/hold and swipe) worked. I had not tried the two actions in one continuos motion. Glad to know how to make it work. :)

Thanks