Hi, I'm new to Android and still learning. I'm using a Note 8 and one thing that I haven't been able to figure out is how to set a default number for contacts in the Contacts and Phone app. I have about 1000 contacts (synced with my MS Exchange account) and for some reason, Work Fax is always the default and only number that appears when I go into a contact within the Contacts and Phone app. I have to click "See all" on the bottom to show the Work and/or Mobile numbers.

I know how to set a default number on a one-by-one basis for each contact but since I have many contacts, this isn't a good solution. Is there not a way to set a default for all contacts at once? Or better yet, a way to show all numbers all the time without having to always click "See all"?
    10-12-2017 09:08 AM
    On the Contact that you want to set a default number for, just tap and hold on the phone number that you want to set as such. You'll see an options pop-up that has that option.

HOWEVER, if your contacts are being synced from another service and that service is overwriting your defaults, then that number will always be set as default unless you change it in the sync origin.
    10-12-2017 12:27 PM
    Thanks but that doesn't really address the issue I'm having. As mentioned, I'm aware that I can set the default one-by-one but given I use my phone for work, I have over 1000 contacts synced with my MS Exchange account. I've looked in Outlook on my PC and don't see any option for changing a default phone number to sync on a smartphone.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    10-12-2017 03:24 PM
    Double post deleted.
    10-12-2017 03:24 PM
    Unfortunately that's on the Exchange server's side... AFAIK the only way to change/set up default numbers on Outlook/Exchange, is to modify the Contact's Form. Some info here, but it's not super easy and I'm not entirely sure that will sync back to 3rd party platforms.

10 easy steps to customizing an Outlook 2010 form - TechRepublic

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...3-a2dee406cbed
    10-12-2017 03:49 PM