I have found plenty of ways to set it up to control the media volume by default, but I also want to be able to control alarm volume and ringtone/call volume with the volume buttons.

I also found an app called buttons remapper that would work, except the free version only allows two actions to be triggered, while I would need 8 (media, alarm, call, and ringtone volume + and -), and it doesn't have options for call or alarm volume.

If it matters I have an honor 7 lite with android 7.0
    10-13-2017 01:14 AM
    Use button mapper. It's good
    10-13-2017 01:15 AM
    I tried that.

As far as I can tell it only allows one action per button and the only volume options for buttons work exactly the same as the volume buttons usually do.
    10-13-2017 01:32 AM
    [double post removed]
    10-13-2017 01:32 AM
    Or could I have some help writing some code to do this for me, if it doesn't exist? The actual code seems like it should be simple, but I'm having a few problems, especially with however the android api works and is documented.

right now, my xml looks like this: https://pastebin.com/Hz1n2KEw

and my code looks like this: https://pastebin.com/hH509BH8

It does what I want, sort of. for some reason it adjusts all the channels at different speeds, and I can't find anything about how to make it change the volume channel at a slower speed.

I also want to disable the normal action so that call/media volume doesn't change at different speeds depending on when I am doing different things.

Finally, I have no idea how to make it run in the background. I read something about services, but I did not see any complete examples, and I don't know enough about androids api yet to run what I saw. Does anyone know a good tutorial on how those work?

Thanks for any help in solving this problem.
    10-13-2017 07:25 AM
    [double post removed]
    10-13-2017 07:25 AM
    Nevermind, I figured out how to make a service, but apparently they can't react to button presses for some reason. (Also figured out how to make the volume change a little smother.)

Except the apps that run in the background that can but don't have the functionality for what I want, no idea how they work.
    10-14-2017 08:53 AM
    Nevermind, I figured out how to make a service, but apparently they can't react to button presses for some reason. (Also figured out how to make the volume change a little smother.)

Except the apps that run in the background that can but don't have the functionality for what I want, no idea how they work.
    10-14-2017 08:53 AM