Facebook and Instagram app automatically update

Akash Sawra

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
I choose not to have the automatic update, but from time to time I get the message that Facebook or Instagram or whatever app has been successfully updated. Why is it happening?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you disable the update feature IN the Facebook/Instagram apps? It's separate from the Play Store settings (unfortunately). There's a section called 'App Updates' in each app's settings.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to confirm, then, is the Auto-Update option off in your Play Store AND also in each individual app (FB and IG)? Does it only happen on WiFi? Are you in any of the beta programs for the apps?

Angry_Tester

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
Just to confirm, then, is the Auto-Update option off in your Play Store AND also in each individual app (FB and IG)? Does it only happen on WiFi? Are you in any of the beta programs for the apps?

In my case I see the same problem and have autoupdate off on device and in play store....but cant get into IG or FB to turnoff in app option as that requires log into app 1st. And I don't have accounts with either - and no intent to set any up at this time.....frustrating that progs take resources updating when not required. Suggestions? (Other than delete apps - may need/or allow others to use in future!). Having told device not to do any auto updates I have reasonable expectation that all apps should also follow this spec/demand from the user/owner, that apps devs make overriding decision is both arrogant and rude....

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
In my case I see the same problem and have autoupdate off on device and in play store....but cant get into IG or FB to turnoff in app option as that requires log into app 1st. And I don't have accounts with either - and no intent to set any up at this time.....frustrating that progs take resources updating when not required. Suggestions? (Other than delete apps - may need/or allow others to use in future!). Having told device not to do any auto updates I have reasonable expectation that all apps should also follow this spec/demand from the user/owner, that apps devs make overriding decision is both arrogant and rude....
If you don't have any accounts on either, just disable them. Settings>Applications>look for the apps, then disable. It will stop them from updating and essentially remove them from. The phone.

Angry_Tester

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
I was too slow to post update as just found guidance on the FB pages saying to go into device settings and diable the FB Installer App - Dho! Done now. Thanks for replying.

Hope updates stop now ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy