Absolutely like "Overdrive" and spend a lot of time getting lost in audio books on my Samsung Galaxy S7-Edge. Overdrive is the greatest thing since "fire", "the wheel", "Android", and "sliced bread"...

However, there's one thing I have an issue with. There very likely is a better way to exit an audiobook than what I have been doing, but I am clearly unaware of it. I click on the "moon" icon and set the sleep-timer to one (1) minute. Then I rewind about three minutes so that when I get a chance to come back to my book I get about a three minute refresher on where I was before it moves forward. The issue is that the app doesn't actually shutdown and exit. I might as well be rewinding and pausing. Then, at some random time, perhaps minutes later and perhaps hours later, my phone starts reading to me entirely on it's own initiative.

There must be - or should be - an obvious "EXIT" or "LOGOUT" button somewhere, but I've not found it.

If there is an actual way to close the book and exit the app, please tell me how to do it.

Thank you very much.
    10-18-2017 10:42 AM
    Moved this from the HTC Thunderbolt forum (not sure how it got there) to the General Help forum for better visibility.
    10-18-2017 12:19 PM
    I have this question as well. Was there ever an answer posted?
    I "close" the app. It randomly starts. Embarrassing when in a business meeting, especially when you cant figure out how to quickly shut it off.
    11-29-2017 09:26 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you tapping the Home button to leave the app, or the Back button multiple times until you get to the homescreen? The Back button is more reliable as a way of exiting the app.

I don't use the audiobook feature of Overdrive, so I don't know this for sure -- but if you're given the choice between tapping a Stop and a Pause button, make sure you tap the Stop button when you're ready to exit the app.
    11-29-2017 10:43 AM