Hi. I'm new to Android (was using windows phone) and some of the Google services like Gmail.

I have some questions about a few of the email apps available on Android and their settings.

Just for background I am using a Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna pro smartphone running Marshmallow 6.0.1. I am using wifi most of the time for internet/data.

Okay so what I am looking for is for my email to come into my email app inbox and generate a notification immediately with no interval. I believe this is called pushed?

I have one gmail email account and one microsoft outllook email account.

Question 1. With the Gmail app, with both of my emails setup in it, received gmail email gets pushed in immediately and i get notification right away. The outlook email though does not come in immediately - sometimes it seems to never come in or there is a delay. In the gmail app settings, i can set the outlook email for a 15 minute synch interval. That seems to be the fastest i can get email. Is there anyway to get it immediately like my gmail email does in the gmail app?

Question 2 - The outlook email app - is there anyway to set frequency of email synch in this? I don't see it in any of the settings. Is it by default set to immediately receive emails/push?

Question 3 - I've noticed that the samsung default email app allows you to set mail frequency checking for all email accounts and also will give you a email number notification on the icon. I'm thinking about using this. If I do and decide not to use the gmail app, how can i disable the gmail email account that is in it - can i remove it from the gmail app - does doing that remove the gmail account from the phone?

Thanks for any help with these questions.
    10-20-2017 07:35 PM
    To disable gmail app sync, go to settings>cloud and accounts>google>your account>uncheck gmail sync.
    tensey likes this.
    10-20-2017 07:51 PM
    To disable gmail app sync, go to settings>cloud and accounts>google>your account>uncheck gmail sync.
    Great, thank you for that.
    10-20-2017 07:52 PM
    Looks like my reponse got double-posted. Didn't see any delete button in edit.
    10-20-2017 07:52 PM
    I've decided to use the samsung email app for now - also have outlook set up. The samsung app shows a little number indicating how many unread emails you have on the icon which I like (as does phone and message icon).

Gmail app will not push outlook emails.

Separately, I was not able to get email notifications to wake the phone and light up the screen like what happens for phone calls and text messages. I installed glimpse screen notifications and now emails wake phone.
    10-21-2017 06:13 AM
    Try BlackBerry Hub...excellent email app.
    11-13-2017 04:33 PM