Although my phone has "quick charge" I bought some compatible cables to use at work to plug into my computer, in my car (cigarette lighter charger) etc. Is this safe? Alternately, can I shut off "quick charge" or is this an integral part of the phone's system?
    10-27-2017 09:42 AM
    Yup regular charger will just charge the phone slowly. Nothing wrong with using it. Just make sure that the USB-C cable is the right type because that is what causes most problems not the charging brick. Good luck.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-27-2017 10:38 AM
    Yup regular charger will just charge the phone slowly. Nothing wrong with using it. Just make sure that the USB-C cable is the right type because that is what causes most problems not the charging brick. Good luck.
    This.

As for the question about shutting off Quick Charge, that's not possible. Well, there may be a slim chance flashing a custom ROM or other hack might let you, but it's beyond anything most users can safely do. Besides, why would you disable it? It doesn't hurt the battery. If anything, I think LG is too strict with their charging protocols. Simply having the screen on with my G4, and now V20, effectively kills Quick Charge. If the phone even thinks about getting warm, that kills charging rates even more.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-27-2017 01:43 PM