I installed a update for my Samsung SJ7 and it takes too long to charge, the favorites tab has been removed, the time is strangely positioned on the home screen, I cannot compose a text in 1 step, now it is about 3, and it is difficult to navigate. It is not time efficient nor is it industrially organized for maximum use efficiency. How do I uninstall it in simple terms please. And are there actual places where I can walk in and have the update uninstalled?
    10-28-2017 01:08 PM
    It's not easy. Reverting to an older version of the OS (if it's even possible) results in what is essentially a factory reset as the device needs to be wiped during the process. Also - once it's done you'll likely be saddled with prompts for installing the update again. Not all devices can be reverted.
    10-28-2017 02:32 PM
    You can't "revert" at all - the old software isn't on the device. You have to flash the older ROM. (See [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.) And yes, that will wipe everything (unless you can find one that doesn't on XDA Forums - some developers do that to ROMs so you can install them without changing any of your data).

Then, unless you want it to update again, root the phone. That will keep it from updating. (It will still prompt you, but the update will fail before it installs - somewhere around 25%.)

Or you could bring the phone into your carrier, tell them your problems, and ask if they can reflash the update. (Only the update, not the entire ROM - that would wipe your data. I'd still back everything up first - see Backing up an Android Device.)
    10-28-2017 04:29 PM