Youtube on Android will not show my video at 1080p but Desktop will

kvisintine

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
The video plays in 1080 60 fps on desktop but not on my S8 in the YouTube app. I just uploaded the video last night. Is this normal? I know higher resolutions can take longer to show up but it is weird I can see it on desktop but not mobile

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Don't use the YouTube app. Just use a browser and go directly to youtube.com and try it again. On the YouTube app that came with my Samsung Tablet the gear icon (lower right corner of youtube vids) did not show up so that I could not increase the resolution of the video. Tried a browser and that fixed it. When in the browser on youtube make sure you click on the three dots in upper right corner and select desktop view.

kvisintine

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
What you said does work but I would rather use the app. I am able to change the quality in the app to up to 4k in other videos just not the few I uploaded Friday night. It's really annoying.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
OK Then wait a couple of days for YouTube to do their thing and check again after the weekend. I have noticed on my vids that I upload, it takes a day or so for the higher resolutions vids to appear. If that doesn't work, post a link to the vid so that we can have a look.