How Do I Insert GIF Into Text Message, Moto 4e

Rocky Bennett

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Hello All,
I am an old man with my first smart phones and I can not figure these darn things out. I need a lot of help with both of my stupid phones but today I am going to start with the Moto 4e. A very simple question;

how do I insert a GIF into a text?

Every time that I try to insert a GIF into a text message I get the response

"This text field does not support GIF insertion from the keyboard."

After Googling the problem I tried to go to settings>apps>moto messaging>permissions

to see if that had any settings to help me, but I did not see anything there to change.

Also I tried to go to settings>data usage>cellular plan, but it was already switched on.

Like I said, I have absolutely no clue what I am doing so any help would be greatly appreciated. The phone is a Moto 4e and the Android number is 7.1.1.

After I get this figured out I will be asking for help trying to download photos from the phone to a PC and also how to get a ringtone from my PC into the phone and set that ring tone for just one person.

But first things first, the GIFs.

Thanks in advance,

Rocky

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
My best guess about the GIFs is that is it is a limit of the SMS app you are using.

Try switching to Textra or one of the other big name SMS apps and see if the problem goes away.

Start a new thread for the computer file transfers; those are easy to get done. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol