How do I get Google Play Services to stop sending "Account Action Required" notifications?

anon(10354404)

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
I keep getting a notification that won't go away from Google Play Services. When I tap the notification, it tells me that my student account given by my high school requires mobile device management. It wants me to install the Google Apps Device Policy app, but I know that my account is not in danger. I'm also not comfortable with the app having the ability to make and manage phone calls, erase all phone data, alter the lock screen, etc. I think I'm receiving these notifications because I didn't respond to a security question asking if I had logged onto a new device. I tried to press the button saying "Yes, that was me," but the page was unresponsive on my phone due to have poor internet connection while I was at school. I closed the page instead. I can't just go into my school e-mail account and answer the security question from there, since my school doesn't allow access to our e-mail messages. How do I remove these notifications without blocking all notifications from Google Play Services?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I get Google Play Services to stop sending "Account Action Required" notifications?

Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Can you ask someone in your school's IT department? If you have a school account associated with the phone, it may require this kind of security protocol (just like people who use their phones for their work account).