I have been using sandisk 64gb on my Samsung J5 for almost 2 years now without any issues. Suddenly today out of the blue on of my apps Fx stopped working it says "access denied" on the sd card. I tried unmounting restarting the phone and all suddenly was back to normal but when I opened the gallery suddenly everything was gone. Tried browsing for fixes here, tried chckdisk from windows but it does seem to think the card is empty, I tried editing the system>etc>platform.xml> permission thing which I found here still did not work. I think the card itself is corrupted I wish I could just recover those pics and family vids I have saved on the card which is a lot. Tried some recovery apps but it only detects those old deleted files on the card not those presently saved files on the card which I wish I can recover. By the way the phone is on Android version 5.1.1 Thanks in advance for any help.

Admins: If I posted in the wrong section sorry for the mistake just please move it thanks.
    11-14-2017 10:37 AM
    Moved from the Lollipop forum to the General Help forum.
    Raoul Rodriguez likes this.
    11-14-2017 11:11 PM
    Moved from the Lollipop forum to the General Help forum.
    Okay thanks
    11-15-2017 02:44 AM
    Update on the problem, I decided to reformat the card thru the phone. When the reformatting was done the card went back to normal with all files still intact? Sonetimes it would act again and formatting makes it go back to normal, why is that?
    11-16-2017 11:21 AM