thinking of switching from iphone 3gs to a droid

little257622

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to compare some of the changes that i will encounter making the change.

1. With my iphone there are sites i can go to & watch stereaming tv shows & movies for free... are there any sites like ipodmovies.info, mediamp4.com for the droid phones ?

2. with my iphone 3gs im grand fathered in with my unlimited data plan thru at&t.....does im guessing verizon give you unlimited data plan ?

3. can you upload your own mp3/music collection onto the phone for listening in the car ?

4. can you tether for free from the android phones to a laptop ?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
1. Yes. And as a bonus, you can go to any Flash-enabled site as well, which many network sites such as Fox.com are (so you can watch full episodes there). I'm not familiar with the sites you posted though...tried them on my phone and ipodmovies is just parked, and mediamp4 redirects to google.

2. I'm guessing not. I'm on Sprint so I have unlimited, but I don't think Verizon offers those plans (most providers are going towards caps).

3. Of course.

4. Yes, but it might be dependent on the phone. Before I rooted my EVO, I used an app called EasyTether to do this (the free version doesn't allow connection to https sites though). I am assuming you can use EasyTether on any phone. There are some other apps that do the same thing, but I never used those ones.

Last edited:

ross.lafferty

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to compare some of the changes that i will encounter making the change.

1. With my iphone there are sites i can go to & watch stereaming tv shows & movies for free... are there any sites like ipodmovies.info, mediamp4.com for the droid phones ?

2. with my iphone 3gs im grand fathered in with my unlimited data plan thru at&t.....does im guessing verizon give you unlimited data plan ?

3. can you upload your own mp3/music collection onto the phone for listening in the car ?

4. can you tether for free from the android phones to a laptop ?

First, let me start by saying I was in your shoes (sort of...) not too long back. I had the first iPhone (got it day of release), I switched to the 3Gs, and eventually to the 4. Not too long ago, I decided to hop ship over to Android. I'm excited to say I made the right choice.

1.) EvilMonkey covered this. There are literally tons of sites like this, and you can view normal flash enabled sites.

2.) For AT&T, they grandfathered my unlimited plan from my iPhone to my Droid Atrix.

3.) Yes, there are even applications to sync with iTunes libraries. (See iSYNCR)

4.)Some devices will even support turning your phone into a hotspot (with some possible rooting/rom'ing).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech