Why won't Google Contacts on phone sync with cloud/PC Google Contacts

dcefros

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
Apparently the problem works both ways, on changes made to Google contacts on the phone or on my PC.

I am talking about Google Contacts, and not contacts saved to my Samsung account or local Phone account. I have hundreds of Google Contacts. When on the phone if I select Samsung account or local Phone account there is only one contact, which is not the problem contact.

I just switched phones recently and the problem may have started with that change.

When I go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[my account], it says that my account last synced just a few minutes ago. Yet changes made on data for multiple contacts on my phone over the past several days are not appearing on my PC when I access my Google contacts. The changes include added phone numbers, assigning groups, and adding notes.

Of course I have tried to refresh the PC pages, and I also tried both the following UI methods on the PC to access the contact data:

1) https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#contacts
2) https://www.google.com/contacts/u/0/#contact

but none of the contact changes made appear on the other device:

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Last edited:

dcefros

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
The old phone synced just fine. Unfortunately I make changes in both the phone and on the PC, so now I will have to do a contact by contact comparison if we do the get the sync working but it does not resolve the problem.

By the way, the Calendar is syncing just fine both ways

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
How did you get the contacts in the new phone in the first place anyway? Did you use another method rather than sync from Google?

dcefros

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
The T-mobile guy did my phone setup... I was having trouble. I thought the contacts came over when I logged in to the Google account but it may have been with a Samsung utility he used that copied data over. I did not check exactly at what point they came over, only that they were there when we finished moving everything to my new phone

Last edited: