How do I get Google Now Launcher off of my Samsung Galxy S3?

guitar_199

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I installed it thinking that it was an app that had something to do with Bluetooth services. I was wrong and it looks like I am paying for the mistake with my phone forever. Google Now Launcher is not an app ... it is a disease! It is an infection. It took over my phone, started downloading it's own aps and will not even let me at my original phone settings....it only shows me the setting IT wants me to see. There are no instructions for getting rid of it.

I have searched and searched for solutions and people keep saying to Start Google Now. Well I have no ICON called Google Now. How can you start it without having an ICON to push? All the solutions talk about finding a three dot menu.... I can't find one in any Google related app that I start. I am lost..... and I have, apparently, lost my phone.

I can't even figure out how to factory reset it....because the menu for doing that has been lost too!!!!!

I have not been this angry in a long time. No app should just come in and take over your phone without telling you that it is going to do so.

Does anyone have any suggestions?????? I find all kinds of suggestions on the web but it is all for newer phones and when I look for the same thing on mine....it isn't there.

Edit to add note: I FOUND IT.

I went to the APPS, scrolled until I stumbled across a plain "Settings" icon. Curious, I punched it and found my original phone configuration menu. Found the Application Manager, scrolled down to Google Now Launcher, and hit UNINSTALL. It did it and my phone is back like it was.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. :)

As long as you still have whatever launcher you were using before that, go to Settings, Apps, All, Google Now, select Clear Cache, Clear Data, Force Stop, and Uninstall.
At some point you must have granted permission to use Google Now as your default launcher, so another way would be to simply change that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy