Need help with this weird blue overlay bug

KinDranex

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
For a couple of months now I get this weird overlay of other apps on my screen. It happens consistently and the app that's overlaying is one I just used, I've restarted my phone multiple times, the overlay doesn't appear on screenshots

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

KinDranex

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Derp, I don't know how I missed that in your OP -- sorry!:-\

Instead, can you take a picture of the screen with another device and post that? The actual image might jog the memory of other members, if they've experienced the same thing.

You might also want to see if any currently installed apps have a screen overlay, and turn it off temporarily: https://www.howtogeek.com/271519/how-to-fix-the-screen-overlay-detected-error-on-android/

none of my apps have a screen overlay.

I don't have another device to take the shot

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. The overlay you get, is it always like a shadow of the previous app you used? If so, that sounds like screen retention. I remember reading similar reports with the G4. How high is your brightness level (settings - display)?

KinDranex

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. The overlay you get, is it always like a shadow of the previous app you used? If so, that sounds like screen retention. I remember reading similar reports with the G4. How high is your brightness level (settings - display)?

It's a shadow of a previous app I used

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171208-013655.jpg
    Screenshot_20171208-013655.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 3