Booting into usb mode on my tablet!

Admdata13

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a 7 inch android tablet running kitkat version 4.4.3 (not 100% sure if it is 4.4.3 or 4.4.4) anyhow it is a intel atom based system, my wife when to shut the tablet off a few days ago and she got a wierd screen when she went to turn if off, so she thought the battery was dead and plugged it in. Anyhow I get home (hours later), and goto turn on the tablet I get the bootloader screen and then I get a usb symbol and then the tablet turns off, each time I hit the power button (BTW: the device is not rooted and is using the stock rom that the device shipped with), I have gone into the recovery menu and did a wipe data/factory reset on the device a few times, then after I hit the reboot system now option with no luck still get the usb symbol and the tablet turns off.

Any help would be great ie is the tablet toast or is there a way to turn off usb mode and go back into the normal boot cycle.

Also the bootloader is locked as well.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds as if you have to reflash the firmware, but without knowing the manufacturer, no one can guess how to do that for you. Post the make of the tables and, if it's a common one, someone can tell you where to get the firmware and how to flash it. (If it's one of those cheap Chinese tablets, that may not be possible. Cheap Chinese tablets are actually quite expensive, since you have to keep replacing them.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463