4 Email accounts setup - how to change another account to be the default account.

I will be deleting one of the accounts, which is the default and would like to make one of the other account my default. How would I go about doing this. I have a Nexus 6P running Marshmallow, the email client is Gmail. I have done Google search and looked through all setting on the phone, I have not found anything. Is the default account the default because it was the first account created.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Danny
    12-08-2017 05:26 PM
    I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

I don't think there's an easy setting to make that change. The best way to do it might be to remove each Google account in the Settings>Accounts menu (in the system settings, not the Gmail settings), and then add back the one you want as your primary account first. Afterwards, you can then add back the other secondary accounts. I'm guessing that all of your Google apps will resync appropriately, but I've never tried it myself. Also be aware that any apps you installed using that previous primary Google account might be uninstalled.

EDIT: I thought about this more, and was wondering -- are you completely getting rid of that Google account, or do you just not want to see Gmail associated with it? If the latter, you could just turn off sync for that account's Gmail, and select a different Google account's Gmail (when you swipe in the sidebar menu and tap the dropdown next to the Google account). I think the Gmail app will remember which one you were looking at the next time you open it.
    DLK1 likes this.
    12-09-2017 01:38 AM
    OK I have 1 Gmail Email account 2 IMAP Email accounts and 1 POP Email account. Since my first post I have delete the POP account because as of the first of the year it will not exist anymore. When I try open Photo and then chose >Share >Gmail it say in the From: MyName and the deleted email account. I can change it to say my Gmail account. However, the next time I try to send Email it will revert back to the deleted account. I would have thought that the default account would have been the first email account created, which of course would have been the Gmail account.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
    12-09-2017 11:42 AM
    On your desktop browser, open Chrome and go to your Gmail site. Click the gear at the upper right and click Settings, then the Accounts and Import tab. What is set as default in Send Mail As?

If that's already set to your default Gmail account, then instead try clearing the cache/data from the phone's Gmail app (by going to Settings>Apps, selecting Gmail, then Storage). If that also doesn't work, then try wiping the cache partition: https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-cl...n-the-nexus-6p
    12-10-2017 01:10 AM
    Wow 1:38 AM on the first response and 1:10 AM on the second, do you not sleep? On the first part of this message going into Gmail web site and then going into Setting, I had already found this since our last session. It was set to the email account that was causing the problem. So I deleted it and left it blank and that did not resolve the issue. So now for my resolve I found the E-mail client TypeApp and I like this app far better than G-mail App, so for now I will test drive this app. However, if I find myself going back to G-mail I will first try to clear cache/data from the G-mail app, and/or wiping the cache partition. The other thing I thought of was putting the the account that I want a default in the Send Mail As location. Still may have to clear cache to get it to take.

Well anyways, thank you for your help in this matter.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-10-2017 03:05 PM
    LOL, I'm in Califorrnia, so it was only 11:10 PM for me. But that's not to say that I've never posted at 1:10 AM...
    DLK1 likes this.
    12-10-2017 04:08 PM