How to get rid of this annoying memory cleaner?

limos888

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I have this memory cleaner that keep appearing on the screen. Shadowy one with a white fan duster and green semi circle around it. Need a solution to it. It's annoying freezing game and apps when it appears. Wish I could post a picture

Screenshot_20171213-170835.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. That looks very similar to the Clean Master icon. Do you have this app, or any other by Cheetah Mobile, installed in your phone? If so, uninstall it and see if the issue persists.

limos888

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I have uninstall all of them and restart before but it is still there. Wanted to do a factory reset but afraid all messages and factory gone

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
When you tap the icon, does it bring up any other app, notification, etc that would clue you in on which app it is? What if you long press it?

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Do you have any free antivirus apps installed on your phone? I vaguely recall that icon showing up in an antivirus app I once used. Have you gone into settings and looked through your installed apps to see if that icon shows up next to an app?

limos888

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I have tried using several anti virus and anti malware but it can't detect it. I have since uninstalled all of it. It is still there. When it appear it show the amount of memories free able and when I tap on it the circle turn, after that it shows the amount of memories freed.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go into your app drawer and look at every app in there. If you see a memory cleaner or a speedup app, uninstall it. No Android phone should be running any app like that.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does it ever give a notification in the pull down notifications? If so you can tap on the down carat or 3 dots to see what app it is from.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Sadly it doesn't.
Have you tried looking in system apps? If it is there the virus cannot be wiped unless you flash a clean rom. The Samsung guy at Best Buy can do it in a Samsung phone.

Does it always show Chrome with the broom icon? If so uninstall Chrome and try Safari.

There are apps that can save and restore messages after a factory reset but I would recommend a clean reset. Take screenshots of any you must have. Screenshots won't carry the virus

Do not allow Google to reinstall all your apps after factory reset. Install only what you need when you need it one at a time to discover source of infection.