Suddenly it seems my phone doesn't activate transfer mode when I plug it in. But it charges fine. All the system settings are correct for permitting transfers. I can even witch between different kinds of transfers in the USB settings window. Is this an indication that the port is damaged? Could it possibly be fixed with a hard reset?

Thank you!
    01-05-2018 03:55 PM
    I don't think the port is damaged, it sounds more like a problem with the windows driver. Windows is spotty when it cones to connections.try connecting it to a different computer or a different port and see if that helps..
    01-05-2018 03:58 PM
    Well, that would normally be a great idea, but the problematic phone which belongs to my wife is the exact same phone I have and mine connects fine. I'll try on the laptop just in case.
    01-05-2018 04:00 PM
    Also make sure that you're using the same cable that works on yours. Sometimes that can also change how the phone detects connections.
    01-05-2018 04:03 PM
    Yeah, doing that as well. No response.
    01-05-2018 04:05 PM
    Has your phone switched to charge only mode? When you plug the cable in, if you swipe down you should see a USB charging option toast. If its not already, switch to MTP.
    01-05-2018 09:21 PM
    Has your phone switched to charge only mode? When you plug the cable in, if you swipe down you should see a USB charging option toast. If its not already, switch to MTP.
    Hey thanks for replying. That's exactly what I mean, that's the menu that doesn't appear. It just goes straight to charging. Windows makes it's "something is connected" sound and the charge icon appears and that's that. From there if it's already on MTP or needs to be switched in dev options, nothing happens.
    01-05-2018 10:12 PM
    Hey thanks for replying. That's exactly what I mean, that's the menu that doesn't appear. It just goes straight to charging. Windows makes it's "something is connected" sound and the charge icon appears and that's that. From there if it's already on MTP or needs to be switched in dev options, nothing happens.
    In which case I'd agree with removing and deleting the driver and reinstalling.
    01-05-2018 10:14 PM
    In which case I'd agree with removing and deleting the driver and reinstalling.
    I know but as I said before, my other phone, identical model, connects fine.
    01-05-2018 10:16 PM
    I know but as I said before, my other phone, identical model, connects fine.
    Sorry missed that. Are they on the same revisions of OS? If you can't try it on another PC then maybe take it back to where you bought it and see if they can.
    01-05-2018 10:19 PM
    Sorry missed that. Are they on the same revisions of OS?
    Yes.
    If you can't try it on another PC then maybe take it back to where you bought it and see if they can.
    I can, I did, my laptop. Didn't work. Place where I bought it is Amazon. They won't take it back at this point. It was October 2016. I haven't tried but I know they won't.
    01-05-2018 10:22 PM
    Yes.
    I can, I did, my laptop. Didn't work. Place where I bought it is Amazon. They won't take it back at this point. It was October 2016. I haven't tried but I know they won't.
    Then yeah it sounds like the port is naff to me.
    01-05-2018 10:23 PM
    Then yeah it sounds like the port is naff to me.
    Damn... We wanted to take our MM OS phones, go back to full stock and then root them on Lollipop (how we used to have them before MM made our phones useless). Mine worked fine. But if I can't connect via USB, I can't stock flash or root my wife's phone. So she's stuckon MM where the whole system slows to a crawl and the camera doesn't work properly. Wish there was a way to flash and root without USB cables.
    01-05-2018 10:27 PM
    Damn... We wanted to take our MM OS phones, go back to full stock and then root them on Lollipop (how we used to have them before MM made our phones useless). Mine worked fine. But if I can't connect via USB, I can't stock flash or root my wife's phone. So she's stuckon MM where the whole system slows to a crawl and the camera doesn't work properly. Wish there was a way to flash and root without USB cables.
    Is it rooted now? Have you tried changing the CPU governor using something like kernel toolkit?
    01-05-2018 10:39 PM
    Is it rooted now? Have you tried changing the CPU governor using something like kernel toolkit?
    It's no longer rooted. When we went from Lollipop to MM it unrooted our phones. I'd need to go back to stock 5.1, then root.
    01-05-2018 10:43 PM
    It's no longer rooted. When we went from Lollipop to MM it unrooted our phones. I'd need to go back to stock 5.1, then root.
    Bugger. SOL I think sorry.
    01-05-2018 10:44 PM
    If you install Smart Switch on your computer, does it recognize her phone via USB?
    01-06-2018 01:28 AM
    If you install Smart Switch on your computer, does it recognize her phone via USB?
    I'd have to try. What's Smart Switch?

EDIT: ...wait, I think you may have assumed my phone was a Samsung. It's a BLU.
    01-06-2018 02:19 AM
    I could have sworn I read this was about a Sammy phone haha Well, it's still worth a try... SmartSwitch can back up any brand. It can only restore to Samsung phones, but it can transfer data from any phone, as long as you install the client in your phone and the program in your computer.
    01-06-2018 11:42 AM
    This sucks. It's funny, we're so cautious with our phones. Strange that anything could have gone wrong. I tried accessing the phone via web, same thing, no luck.
    01-06-2018 07:40 PM
    If you haven't already:

Check any related Autoplay settings in Windows and reset to Ask Every Time and see if Windows recognizes your device.

If you don't have the Phone Companion app, download it for your PC and try connecting your phone and see what happens.
    01-09-2018 06:14 PM