Install updated firmware on Android Box

TechReviews919

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
Can I update the Firmware to new firmware if the box stopped powering up the light shows it just stopped powering. the seller said it needs a firmware update.

Is this possible?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have read elsewhere it can be done. a power light is on but nothing comes on screen.

Okay, so you called it an "Android box" - what does that mean? Are we talking about a phone? A tablet?

What manufacturer? What model?

And - as an aside - if fixing it is so simple, why doesn't the current owner fix it and *then* sell it for, presumably, a substantially higher amount?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so you called it an "Android box" - what does that mean? Are we talking about a phone? A tablet?

What manufacturer? What model?

And - as an aside - if fixing it is so simple, why doesn't the current owner fix it and *then* sell it for, presumably, a substantially higher amount?

Android boxes usually refer to tv set top boxes/media players

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Android boxes usually refer to tv set top boxes/media players

Right, but I wanted manufacturer/model information. With specific information, someone might be able to offer possible solutions.

For example, if it were an applicable device, I would suggest hooking up the Nexus Root Toolkit (Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.9) and see what happens...

Regardless, I wouldn't pay more than a few dollars for any device that will not power on and "may need a firmware update."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy