Please Help! I lost my calendar. How can I get it back?

jackieg1985

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC Evo 4G. I rooted it using unrevoked. I wanted to get rid of the stock apps like blockbuster, etc. So, I used Titanium backup. Then I found another app, that would allow me to freeze apps for free. So, I tried to restore my apps with Titanium, but some of them would not restore. Thinking a reset would put them back, I did a hard reset. But, obviously, that removes apps. So, I lost all the extra apps, which I'm ok with. But, unfortunately, I also lost my calendar.

I have the HTC calendar and widget, but I'm missing the google calendar. So, the HTC calendar doesn't work. I tried to download another calendar app, but I couldn't get that to work either.

Anyone know how to get it back and fix this? :(

Also, I'm on a Mac.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You need to Google Calendar back on the phone to get the other calendar apps working again. I would suggest either installing another Sense ROM which should have the app installed, or restore the phone back to factory settings by flashing the RUU. Since you are on a Mac, you'll need Windows to restore.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/

See the above HTC Evo root forums for information to restore back to stock. Did you by chance make a Nandroid backup before messing with the phone?

neo1691

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC Evo 4G. I rooted it using unrevoked. I wanted to get rid of the stock apps like blockbuster, etc. So, I used Titanium backup. Then I found another app, that would allow me to freeze apps for free. So, I tried to restore my apps with Titanium, but some of them would not restore. Thinking a reset would put them back, I did a hard reset. But, obviously, that removes apps. So, I lost all the extra apps, which I'm ok with. But, unfortunately, I also lost my calendar.

I have the HTC calendar and widget, but I'm missing the google calendar. So, the HTC calendar doesn't work. I tried to download another calendar app, but I couldn't get that to work either.

Anyone know how to get it back and fix this? :(

Also, I'm on a Mac.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1784534/Android/Magic/Calendar.apk

download calendar from the above link and then push it in system apps either through adb or root explorer!!

Cheers

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Downoad and flash Gapps.zip from recovery. This will restore your google calender if I'm not mistaken. You'll find this on most forums.

Example; copy gapps.zip to the root of your sd card, boot to recovery, select "apply from sd card", select Gapps.zip, or google apps.zip.

jackieg1985

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for trying to help guys, but I'm in way over my head. I couldn't figure out how to do any of your suggestions, and I'm kinda afraid to keep messing with it since I don't know what I'm doing. I don't want to screw up anything else.

But, I downloaded Jorte, so I'm going to use that. It doesn't link to google, but I don't really care as long as I have a way to keep track of my appointments on my phone.

It looks like I'm going survive after all. :)

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for trying to help guys, but I'm in way over my head. I couldn't figure out how to do any of your suggestions, and I'm kinda afraid to keep messing with it since I don't know what I'm doing. I don't want to screw up anything else.

But, I downloaded Jorte, so I'm going to use that. It doesn't link to google, but I don't really care as long as I have a way to keep track of my appointments on my phone.

It looks like I'm going survive after all. :)

Listen to most of us, and we won't steer you wrong. If things are over your head, some of us will put it in laymans terms.

If you found something that will work, great, But when the time comes, and you need to Flash a new ROM, please let us know.

In the meantime, just relax and enjoy your phone. Heck, if you wish, remember, you can always PM us with questions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon