Calendar schedule on lock screen

critta71

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
How do i have it that when I add a calendar entry as the time nears for that entry/appointment it shows on my lock screen.
I assume this must be a basic feature that I haven't activated. (come from windows phone and this was just a stock feature that happens. Please dont tell me that i have to download another app to do this what should be a given.)
using huawei mate 10 pro running andriod 8.0

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
How do i have it that when I add a calendar entry as the time nears for that entry/appointment it shows on my lock screen.
I assume this must be a basic feature that I haven't activated. (come from windows phone and this was just a stock feature that happens. Please dont tell me that i have to download another app to do this what should be a given.)
using huawei mate 10 pro running andriod 8.0
Hmm interesting, this might be launcher dependant. If your default stock launcher/lockscreen allows it then it should be possible. But if not, like my HTC sense one then you need to go to Google Play and look for a new lock screen (or launcher) that would allow this. I can't say for sure off the top of my head which ones do but I'm sure there are plenty... Maybe some one here can suggest one that does. Or just do a Google search for one that has that capability.

critta71

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for your reply,
I am beginning to get the feeling that the android operating system is very basic in its abilities. And basic operating features are actually left to app creators to create apps to do the normal operations..
I guess i need to think differently and search more for apps to perform tasks rather than having an expectation that its all built in(as per windows phone)

Madam ImAdam

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm also switching from Windows phone and would like to have this functionality back. The way Windows handed glance screen info was great compared to the always on display on my note 8. Though for everything else, I'm finding Android is much much better than Windows.

critta71

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Its much better for apps But as an operating system it lacks big time.
not sure what version of android your running but I am running 8.0
I have no Bluetooth to my car as it requires a 16 digit pin for some reason.
I cant select to have calander events appear on lock screen.
I can only send 1 pic at a time in sms
if i have multiple sms's come through all i get is a blue dot above the icon. Was handy in windows having the number of msg's displayed. Same with emails. (this used to be the case on older versions of android i believe as wife has an s4 and it shows on hers by default.)
But theres apps to add on that do all these things.. I just dont like the thought of 3rd party having to much control over such basic fundamental features.

critta71

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
I have just downloaded Calendar Notify. Seems to do a pretty good job. best part it uses the default calendar and just pulls info from there. Its no windows phone but seems neat and easy

critta71

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
I second that. I understand android has better apps.. and a bigger user base.. But if some of the core windows features where incorporated into android, it would make for an amazing operating/phone system

critta71

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
I have read so many posts with people looking for options that previous version of android had that have disappeared. Or updates that have caused so many issues but the amazing thing is people here just accept it. it staggers me.. not saying windows was perfect but they did try to make it a device worth having. Roll on surface phone.. Mind you I am considering going back with my windows 10 phone.. I still cant get my Bluetooth to talk with my car but apparently android 8.1 has a fix.. but seems that roll out will be staggered to pixel/google devices first then filter slowly to whoever they decide. Anyway. I will go back to trying to think along the android way.. and just accept things dont work as they should.....

Chris Boring

Sep 16, 2019
Visit site
Hmm interesting, this might be launcher dependant. If your default stock launcher/lockscreen allows it then it should be possible. But if not, like my HTC sense one then you need to go to Google Play and look for a new lock screen (or launcher) that would allow this. I can't say for sure off the top of my head which ones do but I'm sure there are plenty... Maybe some one here can suggest one that does. Or just do a Google search for one that has that capability.

Actually, the option is there under settings\lock screen\AOD\settings\type, and then there are a few options. Works great, just have to know where to look.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance