How do i have it that when I add a calendar entry as the time nears for that entry/appointment it shows on my lock screen.
    I assume this must be a basic feature that I haven't activated. (come from windows phone and this was just a stock feature that happens. Please dont tell me that i have to download another app to do this what should be a given.)
    using huawei mate 10 pro running andriod 8.0
    01-11-2018 09:48 PM
    How do i have it that when I add a calendar entry as the time nears for that entry/appointment it shows on my lock screen.
    I assume this must be a basic feature that I haven't activated. (come from windows phone and this was just a stock feature that happens. Please dont tell me that i have to download another app to do this what should be a given.)
    using huawei mate 10 pro running andriod 8.0
    Hmm interesting, this might be launcher dependant. If your default stock launcher/lockscreen allows it then it should be possible. But if not, like my HTC sense one then you need to go to Google Play and look for a new lock screen (or launcher) that would allow this. I can't say for sure off the top of my head which ones do but I'm sure there are plenty... Maybe some one here can suggest one that does. Or just do a Google search for one that has that capability.
    01-12-2018 11:32 PM
    Thanks for your reply,
    I am beginning to get the feeling that the android operating system is very basic in its abilities. And basic operating features are actually left to app creators to create apps to do the normal operations..
    I guess i need to think differently and search more for apps to perform tasks rather than having an expectation that its all built in(as per windows phone)
    01-13-2018 03:44 AM
    I'm also switching from Windows phone and would like to have this functionality back. The way Windows handed glance screen info was great compared to the always on display on my note 8. Though for everything else, I'm finding Android is much much better than Windows.
    01-13-2018 08:33 AM
    Its much better for apps But as an operating system it lacks big time.
    not sure what version of android your running but I am running 8.0
    I have no Bluetooth to my car as it requires a 16 digit pin for some reason.
    I cant select to have calander events appear on lock screen.
    I can only send 1 pic at a time in sms
    if i have multiple sms's come through all i get is a blue dot above the icon. Was handy in windows having the number of msg's displayed. Same with emails. (this used to be the case on older versions of android i believe as wife has an s4 and it shows on hers by default.)
    But theres apps to add on that do all these things.. I just dont like the thought of 3rd party having to much control over such basic fundamental features.
    01-13-2018 08:05 PM
    I have just downloaded Calendar Notify. Seems to do a pretty good job. best part it uses the default calendar and just pulls info from there. Its no windows phone but seems neat and easy
    Today 06:14 AM