Hi,

I did a factory reset on my Nexus 6 a few days ago, as I kept getting stuff freezing on me (its done well - thats the first time I've had to do it in over a year). Apart from all the other annoying things you remember AFTER you have done the reset (postcast lists losts, downloaded music etc), its gone pretty painlessly.

There is one issue that is REALLY doing my head in though, and I can't work out why its doing it. Basically, when I put the phone in silent it turns itself off after a bit. Sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes 30 minutes - but it always does it. It never used to have this problem, and I have the exact same apps on it that I had before (I did a restore).

So, my question is what could be causing it? I'm having to put my phone in airoplane mode now whenever I'm somewhere that the phone needs to be on silent, otherwise I risk it going off at the most awkward of times

TIA

Andy
    01-15-2018 02:29 AM
    For anyone interested - I still didn't find a "proper" solution to this. The best thing I have found was this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ocker&hl=en_GB

Basically, just keep it turned on so that the sidebar volume switch ONLY ever controls the speaker - not the mode the phone is in (i.e silent, vibrate, etc). I still don't understand why resetting my phone would cause this behaviour, as its bonkers to think you knock the volume button and it takes it out of silent mode! (that seems to be what was happening, as now I've not had it happen in 2 days - since installing that app)
    01-20-2018 04:59 AM
    Mmm actually, it's still doing it. Very annoying!

So no one else has this problem? The only way I have around it, is to put the phone in airplane mode - which is bloomin annoying (especially when I forget)

Thanks

Andy
    01-24-2018 03:09 AM