I have Samsung Galaxy J7 with Android version7.1.1., Kernel version 3.10.61-12275735. For the last few days I see the voicemail icon on, but I have no new voicemails. I cleared all my apps. No help. I left myself a message and then deleted it. The icon is still there. Also, I no longer have the App manager and cannot find voicemail in my apps to click on notification button. This is quite annoying. Does anybody have a solution? Thank you.
    01-15-2018 09:38 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

When you go to your System Settings, you don't see a section for Application Manager?
    01-15-2018 07:39 PM
    OK, thank you. I was not sure where to place my question.

And yes, I have no Application Manager, at least, not in the system settings. I looked around, but I cannot find it. Also, shouldn’t there be app for the voicemail? I can’t find voicemail on the phone anywhere. Thank you.
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

When you go to your System Settings, you don't see a section for Application Manager?
    01-15-2018 07:52 PM
    Can you tell us what you see in the System Settings, or show us screenshots? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html

Also, make sure you're not in Easy Mode, which might limit your settings options: How to enable Easy mode in Samsung Galaxy J7 ( SM-J700F ) ?

Voicemail usually doesn't have its own app, unless it's a Visual Voicemail app, which is typically carrier-specific. Basic voicemail is part of the Phone app.
    01-15-2018 09:06 PM
    Thanks for replying. The phone is not in an easy mode. Here are the screenshots: My voicemail icon remains on with no voicemails on the phone-screenshot-2.jpg
    01-16-2018 05:41 PM
    01-16-2018 05:44 PM
    Thanks for replying. Here are the screenshots: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	277926
    That looks like a wifi calling icon to me.
    01-16-2018 05:45 PM
    Yes, I have to use wifi to receive phone calls/send text messages. I live in a dead zone. I had this phone for over 1 year with the same settings and never any problem till recently. The voicemail icon is always there without having any voicemails recorded/saved. The icon disappears only when I delete the notification.
    01-16-2018 06:17 PM
    What do you see if you tap the Apps menu? The Application Manager should be there.
    01-16-2018 06:53 PM
    This is what I see:
    My voicemail icon remains on with no voicemails on the phone-screenshot11.jpg
    My voicemail icon remains on with no voicemails on the phone-screenshot12.jpg

when I click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner, the options listed are: sort, clean up pages, settings, and Galaxy essentials.
    01-16-2018 07:16 PM
    That looks like the App Drawer, not the App Manager -- just to be clear, you got there by going to the main System Settings menu, then tapping Apps (as opposed to tapping the App Drawer button on the bottom Favorites dock on the homescreen)?
    01-17-2018 09:27 PM
    You are absolutely right. I clicked on the App icon on the main menu. When I followed your instructions, I see all the apps as pictured plus some additional stuff, but no App Manager. The menu options are: Sort by size, Default apps, App permissions, Show system apps, Special access, and Reset app preferences.
    01-18-2018 07:22 PM
    Ok, what you're seeing is the App Manager itself. It's a list of all apps installed on the phone (including preinstalled and system apps, if you select the Show System Apps option. When you tap one of those apps, you'll get a menu that allows you to do things like Clear Cache, Clear App Data, adjust permissions, etc.

Now let's go back to your original questions. When you say the voicemail icon remains on, are you talking about the unread count badge on the Phone icon?
    01-18-2018 09:36 PM
    Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, the icon in the upper left corner showing an unread/not-listened to voicemail (as visible in my post number 10 here in this thread). Also, I get a notification that I have a new voicemail (same notification as for a new text message or breaking news).
    01-20-2018 08:25 AM
    In that situation, if you swipe down the notification panel, do you see the voicemail notification there as well? If so, what happens if you tap it -- does it play your voicemail?
    01-21-2018 11:16 PM
    Yes, the notifications shows up. When I click on it, it connects my phone to the voicemail only to hear: “You have no new messages.” I tried that couple of times, always with same result.
    01-24-2018 06:34 AM
    Any saved messages? Although those really shouldn't trigger a notification.

Your carrier might be able to help -- perhaps they can clear some kind of flag on their end that triggers the voicemail notification on the phone. Give them a call and describe the issue.
    01-24-2018 10:06 AM
    No, there are no saved messages. I will reach out to my carrier. Thank you for your help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-26-2018 05:06 AM