(I already asked this question but forgot to log in first so I'm reposting this so that I get notified of any answers.)

I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime running Lollipop 5.1 that I frequently hook up via USB cable to a PC with Windows 8.1 for file transfers. The problem is, every folder on the phone is optimized for music files when viewed with the Windows File Explorer, and the Customize tab that normally appears in the folder properties is missing. Because of this, I am unable to optimize the folders for general items, meaning I cannot do things such as viewing the date modified without opening the properties for EACH INDIVIDUAL FILE (which takes forever). Is there any way to PERMANENTLY optimize EVERY FOLDER on the phone (device and SD card) for general items and have it stay that way every time I plug the phone into any computer — the one I'm currently using as well as any others?
    01-15-2018 11:18 AM
    Is there any way to PERMANENTLY optimize EVERY FOLDER on the phone (device and SD card) for general items and have it stay that way every time I plug the phone into any computer — the one I'm currently using as well as any others?
    Close all your Windows Explorer windows if you have any open. Open one. Set it up the way you want it. Right-click Quick access (left panel, at the top). Options. View. Apply to folders.

Remember, this is being done by Windows in a Windows program, so you can't change only the way it shows Android phones - default is an all-or-nothing thing. If you want phones shown in one way and other things shown in other ways, you'll have to open a window of music files, set it up the way you want, set the default for that type of file, close it, open a window of video files, set it up the way you want it, etc., etc.

Don't blame Android - that's how Windows works.
    01-15-2018 04:11 PM
    The only way to permanently change what you see on the phone in Windows File Explorer is to change the generic view for the "music" folders.
    There is no way to permanently change the folder view to something other than "music".
    There is no way to permanently change the columns in the view on a per-folder basis.
    01-17-2018 01:30 AM