Add App Shortcut from Settings / Apps list

trashrez

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
I'm using a J7 Pro cel and I understand that some apps listed in the Settings / Apps list are not intended to have a shortcut, but I lost the shortcut from the Secure Folder app.

The app is running, not disabled, so all I need is a way to recreate the shortcut.

Any ideas?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you go to your App Drawer, Secure Folder isn't there? Is it active in your phone's settings (there's a setting there to show it in your App list or not)?

trashrez

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
If you go to your App Drawer, Secure Folder isn't there? Is it active in your phone's settings (there's a setting there to show it in your App list or not)?

The Secure Folder is there and is running. Just need to re-create a shortcut in my Home Screen and I don't know how.

If I could re-install the Secure Folder app I believe the install app will create the shortcut, but again I need to re-install just the Secure Folder app and I don't know if it's possible either.?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If the Secure Folder app is in your app drawer (sometimes Samsung has a folder of its apps in there), long-press on the app and drag it to your home screen.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, before things get more confusing, is the shortcut missing from both your Homescreen AND your App Drawer? Let's try a few things. Not sure how it is on the J7, but on the newer lines there is a Secure Folder area in your phone's Settings (usually in the Lockscreen and Security section). Can you find that setting in your phone? If so, there is a switch there to show the shortcut or not in your APP DRAWER.

For the HOME SCREEN, either hallux's suggestion should work or tapping on a blank space on your home screen and select Shortcut from the options that appear... that should have the Secure Folder option there IF the aforementioned switch is turned on in your settings.

trashrez

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
Hi.

I've attached 2 screenshots where you can see the state of secure folder app in my cel phone.

secure-folder-01.jpg | secure-folder-02.jpg

File : secure-folder-01.png , just shows that the app is listed

File : secure-folder-02.png , shows its current state

In secure-folder-02.png file, the Disable button is not active and the Force Stop is. It's odd because if I can force Stop means that it's active, but in the other hand since the disable button is not enabled, it's already disabled?

I also clicked the force stop button, but the disable button didn't change to "enable"...

===

Another thing I did is to check the apps via Home Screen button.

Once in Home Screen, see home-screen-01.png. I've clicked the Hide apps button in order to see if Secure Folder was there. It was NOT there. Is it Hidden? See home-screen-02.png

home-screen-01.jpg | home-screen-02.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The Disable button is not active because it's a System App and cannot be disabled. If the Force Stop button is active, correct, the app is running.

Again, have you searched in your phone's SETTINGS for the Secure Folder options? Again, not sure about your specific device, but this is how it shows in a Note 8 and S8 (under the Lockscreen options on your Settings).

Screenshot_20180118-134405.jpg

trashrez

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
The Disable button is not active because it's a System App and cannot be disabled. If the Force Stop button is active, correct, the app is running. ...

Thanks for this info. When I go to the Lock Screen and then Secure Folder, what happens is that the screen for a new install appears, which is odd because the app is running. Anyways, I did the install and the shortcut is now created again.

Below are the imgs in sequence:

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, that's not an installation per-se. Since the Secure Folder app is a built-in OS thing, and a system app, it might be partially running but not doing anything since you hadn't enabled it. Now that you enabled it, the app (more like a collection of services) is fully active AND doing things. It's confusing, I know, but glad you got the shortcut back :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000