Bought this thing 5 months ago. Suddenly the sound stops working just in the middle of watching a video. I tried doing everything I was told by everyone, couldn't get the sound back. Then, about a week after that, I can't even get it to unlock. I bought an iPad2 when it was first released. That thing still works, the only problem with it is it's too outdated to update to the new operating system. That's it.

There's also absolutely no customer support whatsoever for the Pro 12. So I can't complain to anyone. At least Apple, if worst comes to worst, you can call a person. And this is why I will never bother with Android again. Their elipsis tablet was crap enough I don't know why another one was a good idea. Cheap, it was cheap, and I should have known.

People who tout Android as BETTER than apple are insane. It's not. Absolutely. I'd demand a refund but hell if I have the receipt anymore for that piece of garbage. Ugh. This crap isn't worth the time, money, or effort. Stick with Apple.
    01-17-2018 09:18 PM
    Bought this thing 5 months ago. Suddenly the sound stops working just in the middle of watching a video. I tried doing everything I was told by everyone, couldn't get the sound back. Then, about a week after that, I can't even get it to unlock. I bought an iPad2 when it was first released. That thing still works, the only problem with it is it's too outdated to update to the new operating system. That's it.

There's also absolutely no customer support whatsoever for the Pro 12. So I can't complain to anyone. At least Apple, if worst comes to worst, you can call a person. And this is why I will never bother with Android again. Their elipsis tablet was crap enough I don't know why another one was a good idea. Cheap, it was cheap, and I should have known.

People who tout Android as BETTER than apple are insane. It's not. Absolutely. I'd demand a refund but hell if I have the receipt anymore for that piece of garbage. Ugh. This crap isn't worth the time, money, or effort. Stick with Apple.
    Yeah Android tablets are eh. The phones aren't though.
    01-17-2018 10:26 PM
    My Pro 12 stopped working within a month of purchasing. I had lost the receipt but needed it in order to send it in and get it replaced. I bought mine from Walmart and was able to have it recovered. I told them the date I purchased it and what register and they had someone do some digging and recover it.

Depending on where you bought it, you may be able to recover the receipt.
    01-20-2018 09:18 PM
    Are you all talking about the SM-P900 12 inch Samsung tablet? If so, I have been using one for years now and never had an issue.
    01-21-2018 09:42 AM
    I assume it is Samsung Note Pro 12. AFAIK this model was discontinued by Samsung. I was actually looking for 12-inch Android tablet sometime ago but there was nothing except that discontinued Pro 12. I am very surprised that Samsung discontinued Pro 12 so quickly (Pro 12 was released on March 2014). Even more surprised is that Samsung currently does not offer ANY other 12-inch tablet replacing that model. Samsung's marketing strategy looks very chaotic. Apple is much more organized - they offer 7.9, 9.7, 10.5 and 12.9-inch models as of TODAY. Even more - Apple offer multiple models for each size. Their tablet selection is very impressive!
    01-29-2018 05:37 PM
    Bought this thing 5 months ago. Suddenly the sound stops working just in the middle of watching a video. I tried doing everything I was told by everyone, couldn't get the sound back. Then, about a week after that, I can't even get it to unlock.
    Did you buy it new? If so, it should be under warranty, and assuming you didn't drop it or otherwise damage it yourself, you should be able to request warranty repair or replacement through Samsung. But if you bought it used or refurbished, then that's the risk you take. In these kinds of situations, if you can buy a 3rd party warranty (like Square Trade), it's a good idea, since there's always a chance that a device will be defective -- and yes, even an Apple device can be defective. If you bought an iPad that was used or otherwise out of warranty, and something like this happened, Apple might help you, but you'd still have to pay a lot to fix it.

Here's Samsung's customer service page: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=u0hvksIn. Did you try calling them? I've never had to call, so I have no idea how responsive they are, but it's actually pretty unusual these days for a big tech company to have a toll free number that's easily found on the web.

People who tout Android as BETTER than apple are insane. It's not. Absolutely.
    I realize that you're saying this out of frustration, but there are millions and millions of people out there who would strongly disagree with you. Don't let one bad experience shape your opinion of an entire platform.
    01-30-2018 02:42 AM
    Doesn't matter if you bought it 5mos ago. What matters is if you bought it new. That's a discontinued product after all. If you bought it second hand, well no one knows what kind of abuse it would have went through.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-30-2018 04:15 AM

You mentioned ellipsis tablet which was a Verizon exclusive. Was the Samsung tablet also a Verizon version? If so then in addition to calling Samsung, you can call Verizon, and they will send you a warranty replacement assuming that you are in warranty.

Even if you bought it second hand, Verizon will cover it provided that you have the extended warranty.

With that said, no device, even Apple, is perfect, and that's what warranty or extended warranty is for, to cover mechanical defects.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-30-2018 08:49 AM
    I assume it is Samsung Note Pro 12. AFAIK this model was discontinued by Samsung. I was actually looking for 12-inch Android tablet sometime ago but there was nothing except that discontinued Pro 12. I am very surprised that Samsung discontinued Pro 12 so quickly (Pro 12 was released on March 2014). Even more surprised is that Samsung currently does not offer ANY other 12-inch tablet replacing that model. Samsung's marketing strategy looks very chaotic. Apple is much more organized - they offer 7.9, 9.7, 10.5 and 12.9-inch models as of TODAY. Even more - Apple offer multiple models for each size. Their tablet selection is very impressive!
    Samsung still does 12 inch tablets, but the run windows now on anything larger than the 9.7 inch Tab S3.
    01-30-2018 09:01 AM