[Please HELP!!!]Phone boots but freezes soon after and crashes

bl200frank

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
Hello. I have a cheap chinese phone called Homtom HT16. I got it 2 months ago. Everything was working until yesterday morning when i woke up and took the phone off the charger. I pressed the power button but nothing happened so I took the battery out and put it back in after a couple of seconds... it did boot up to the lock screen and when I entered my lockscreen password I was on the homescreen. But as soon as that happened a lot of ''has stopped working'' messages of apps popped up. And in the end com.android.phone stopped working and the phone froze and crashed.
And the little android guy was only on screen with a red triangle.image-2_zps0de7d136.jpg
I think my phone is corrupted by viruses (i tried to remove them by installing AVG and CCleaner but I think they deleted some important files) and I tried every single possible option (wipe cache partition, wipe factory data/reset everything) it didn't work. It only boots to its precrash self and crashes again with the stopped working pop ups. If you can help me, i will be happy so much.. I'm not in a good financial situation so it would be bad to buy a new phone right now for me :)

Last edited:

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone boots but freezes soon after and crashes

Hello. I have a cheap chinese phone called Homtom HT16. I got it 2 months ago. Everything was working until yesterday morning when i woke up and took the phone off the charger. I pressed the power button but nothing happened so I took the battery out and put it back in after a couple of seconds... it did boot up to the lock screen and when I entered my lockscreen password I was on the homescreen. But as soon as that happened a lot of ''has stopped working'' messages of apps popped up. And in the end com.android.phone stopped working and the phone froze and crashed.
And the little android guy was only on screen with a red triangle.View attachment 278017
I think my phone is corrupted by viruses (i tried to remove them by installing AVG and CCleaner but I think they deleted some important files) and I tried every single possible option (wipe cache partition, wipe factory data/reset everything) it didn't work. It only boots to its precrash self and crashes again with the stopped working pop ups. If you can help me, i will be happy so much.. I'm not in a good financial situation so it would be bad to buy a new phone right now for me :)
Sounds like a hardware defect. Maybe the logic board. You should be able to take it back to where you bought it if it's still under warranty if you bought it new.

bl200frank

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
Re: Phone boots but freezes soon after and crashes

I don't know. This never happened before. I need to enable USB Debugging (to install a new rom (firmware) but when I do phone freezes and resets and the USB Debugging is disabled again.