My Galaxy S5 has started running slow and it cannot do any updates because internal memory is too low. I spoke with a tech at Verizon they said the reason its slowing and out of internal memory is because of all of the old Samsung updates and old operating systems. Is there any way to remove all the old updates and operating systems?
    01-20-2018 09:04 AM
    Any reason why the Vzw tech wouldn't offer how to remove the old stuff?
    01-20-2018 09:20 AM
    There are no "old" updates and operating systems - when the operating system gets updated, the old version of that part of it is overwritten by the new version.

As usual, that's another "Verizon tech", really a sales associate, who doesn't know what he or she is talking about.

You can't "remove the old stuff", the update did that already. The phone has a total of 16GB of storage, which is pretty small these days (because apps keep getting larger). You could, if you wanted, back up all your old stuff, reflash with an older version of the operating system, root it so it wouldn't update (even if you tell it to not update, after about 15 times it will anyway), then restore all your stuff.

Or you could just add an SD card to the phone, and put all your music, pictures, videos, etc., on the card, and delete them from the phone. (Don't use Move - if that blows in the middle, you could lose both the original and the copy. Use Copy, then Delete the original once you've determined that the copy is good.) You'd still have them, but you could have over 200GB of storage space for them - now [the phone can take up to 2TB cards, they just don't make them that large yet]. (Not for apps, though - you're still limited to about 8GB [the operating system, which is Linux, and Android, take about the remaining 8GB] for apps on that phone. Moving apps to the SD card is a bad idea for technical reasons, and it doesn't save you much space anyway.)
    01-20-2018 11:48 AM
    Yea, I have a 128gb sd card in it and all of my photos and most apps on it, however it still says not enough memory. I agree about the Verzion techs all they wanted was to sell me a $900.00 phone which I can't afford...
    01-20-2018 04:01 PM
    He said it couldn't be removed?. And then started showing me new very expensive phones
    01-20-2018 04:03 PM