I have an original firetv and firestick. I sideload my apps to them using both appstofire and adblink with no problem at all. I took delivery of the new firetv two days ago which uses OS6 and just cannot 'talk' to it. All my settings are correct but adblink says 'cannot connect' and appstofire says

Error:java.io.FileNotFoundException:docs/adbkey(no such file or directory)

I can use the Amazon downloader app which comes pre-installed on the device but I would like to also connect via my mobile phone and PC.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems ? would appreciate any advice / help

Cheers
    01-25-2018 03:24 PM
    I've done setups on the newer sticks without issue. Are you sure both the fire stick and your PC/Mac are on the same network? Also if you have 2.4 and 5.0 OR a Network extender, that's the same as different networks, everything MUST match. Make sure the Firestick as the latest firmware. Also make sure you turned on adb and 3rd party apps in the firestick settings.
    01-25-2018 04:55 PM
    Found out it's a known problem to the Apps to fire people and they need to issue an update....with regard to the ADBLink I needed to "allow Java" on the new fire tv settings as the default is off...it works fine on there now.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-14-2018 07:03 AM
    I am experiencing the exact problems on my fire stick...I have an original firetv and firestick. I sideload my apps to them using both appstofire and adblink with no problem at all. I took delivery of the new firetv two days ago which uses OS6 and just cannot 'talk' to it. All my settings are correct but adblink says 'cannot connect' and appstofire says

Error:java.io.FileNotFoundException:docs/adbkey(no such file or directory)

I can use the Amazon downloader app which comes pre-installed on the device but I would like to also connect via my mobile phone and PC.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems ? would appreciate any advice / help.
    However I tried everything previously posted to no avail.... Something bigger is going on and this is the only firr stick that I am having this problem with and I have reset the stick twice and redid everything... I have four fire sticks...
    09-03-2018 08:43 PM
    I have also discovered this problem using Apps2Fire (error java.io.FileNotFoundExpection:docs/adbkey)

Meaning the ADB is not accessible.

This works fine on firestick

Fire OS 5.2.6.3 (Fire TV Home 6.0.0.7)
    but there appears to be a change on:
    Fire OS 5.2.6.6 (Fire TV Home 6.0.0.8)

That breaks the ADB default behavior.

check the Settings > About > Fire TV Stick to confirm the version and let us know.

Factory reset your firestick may work as a temporary fix, depending on the manufacture date of the stick.
    09-13-2018 03:37 PM