2 Google Voice Number-1 Cell Phone-Cannot Delete One? HELP

eg146

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 Gmail accounts and 2 Google Voice accounts.

At one point I wanted both to ring to my cell and I did that by assigning one account as work and one as home. Now my dilemma is that I only have one phone, my cell. Can't afford a landline or virtual number and am not looking for free calls.

I want to rid myself of the 2nd GV number but I can't dis-associate with my cell (on either account) because even though it's listed a work and home, GV knows it's my Verizon cell #. I only want to keep the first GV # and associate with my cell so I can protect my real number as I have a ton of items for sale on Craigslist and other sites and people are actually texting me which would be free through GV.

Having 2 GV numbers with the same cell (since I have no other number or phone I can answer to get the code to change it) does not allow SMS messaging. To top it off, it's causing the GV number to hang up when I answer the call from the first GV #.

I haven't given out the 2nd number, don't need or want it, and it's not blocked or set on Do Not Disturb. One person told me to get Sipgate and I tried yesterday 5 times but they never sent the code. I thought maybe I had a Sipgate account but it doesn't recognize either of my email addresses?

If there another Sipgate like provider I can use just to associate the 2nd GV # with a line besides my cell?

I can't cancel the GV part of the account b/c I'll lose my gmail which I do use. HELP???

I'M SO FRUSTRATED!

Not even wanting free calls, just a forwarding number for like 20 minutes to get the 2nd GV off my cell. Thanks, Seriously Technically Challenged Gal

eg146

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh and yes, I know I'm a ding dong for doing this in the first place. It's a long story.

I found out how to set up 2 GV numbers with one cell but never even thought you couldn't undo it without another phone line to get the code call on.

Please don't tell me how dumb this was, I have done that for you. I just need some ideas. Thanks again I appreciate your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781