Hi,

In the past couple of weeks my phone has significantly slowed down and various apps crash throughout the day.

It's slowed down so much that when i attempted to install Qualcomm's Trepn profiler, which is 1.33MB, it took 15 minutes to install after it had downloaded to my phone. When i installed SMS backup & restore, which is 5.08MB, it took over 45 minutes to install after downloading. Frequently when i attempt to write something, the phone either doesn't register what i've tapped or the screen freezes on the highlighted letters. When browsing Chrome, or Google Now, the screen freezes when attempting to scroll down.

I tried to use Trepn to figure out what might have been causing the issue, but i figure it out. I attempted to clear the system cache, nothing improved. I removed my SD card, nothing improved. I've done a system reset, it's improved slightly, but it is no where near the same as a couple of weeks ago.

I use Nova. No social media apps. No games. No 'junk' apps. I have Spotify, Evernote, Shazam, Whatsapp, Reddit, Textra, Typeapp, Chrome, CamScanner, Banking app, Dropbox, Google Auth, Microsoft Auth, Teamviewer, Uber,

The storage space on my phone had around 1.5-2GB of free space, excluding the free space that Android reserves. I used CPU-Z, All of the temperature measurements were about 48C with use.

Whilst the phone model is nearly 4 years old, i got the phone approximately 2 years and 2 months ago. I bought it brand new. The phone isn't rooted, running the stock ROM.

Is this a battery issue? Is the battery heating up and causing my phone to reduce performance? I'm not speaking the same as the iPhone clock speed being reduced by default. I'm thinking that the phone might be protecting itself when it gets too hot, where it reduces its performance to reduce the temperature to a safe level.

Is there something i can do that i haven't already?

What is a normal range for the range of temperature measurements?

I don't want to purchase a new phone yet and my sim only contract ends in 9 months. So any help will be greatly appreciated.
    02-03-2018 07:37 PM