HTC Desire Memory Problems

jrwestenberg

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been having a problem with my HTC Desire memory and was wondering if there are any suggestions out there for me. My Desire is with U.S. Cellular and is non-rooted. I only have about 10 applications downloaded in all. I'm not sure how much stock memory is on the Desire, but currently, I'm hovering around th 15MB range. I keep getting the little annoying "Low Memory" notification, so I always have to go in my settings and empty the caches for some files.

I have literally done everything to make this stop/give me more room. I have moved all applications to my memory card that is possible, and I have deleted almost all of my caches that are available. (I think the problem is the horrible Myspace and City ID that nobody can remove unless rooted).

Anyway, I was wondering if there is anything that I could do besides start removing apps. It is getting so annoying.

Thanks for the help!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been having a problem with my HTC Desire memory and was wondering if there are any suggestions out there for me. My Desire is with U.S. Cellular and is non-rooted. I only have about 10 applications downloaded in all. I'm not sure how much stock memory is on the Desire, but currently, I'm hovering around th 15MB range. I keep getting the little annoying "Low Memory" notification, so I always have to go in my settings and empty the caches for some files.

I have literally done everything to make this stop/give me more room. I have moved all applications to my memory card that is possible, and I have deleted almost all of my caches that are available. (I think the problem is the horrible Myspace and City ID that nobody can remove unless rooted).

Anyway, I was wondering if there is anything that I could do besides start removing apps. It is getting so annoying.

Thanks for the help!

Well, I hate to tell you, but you should Root. This will offer the best way of moving a lot of Apps to SD.

I wont, mention a custom ROM, and other alternatives. Not at this point.

On my desire, I usually have about 50mb free, more of less, On SD, about half a gig.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Look into what's using your internal storage. Don't forget about data -- consider cleaning it up unless you need all of it. See if there are apps that can store your data on SD.

jrwestenberg

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've looked quite a bit before this, and I can't figure out anything else to do. I'll probably end up rooting... it seems like my last option. Thanks for the advice, though!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
With a desire, you don't have a lot of internal memory. And as you have noticed, when you select "move to SD" only about 60 percent actually gets moved.

In effect, 10 apps will occupy about 75 percent of the phones memory, give or take. If they are not moved to SD

Also, pre-installed apps also take up space. Some of them, you can't remove, or change to SD.

If you root, then you can run something like apps2sd. This is the basic.

Yeah, people will tell you other apps, which require special formatting. Yes they are good, but you are a N00b. and as such, I will tell you the simple way.

Before you root, please, make a Gold Card on your SD. You have a Desire, and you must do this. Do it now, before anything.

Anything else, You can PM me. The steps are all on her, but if you need help...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc