Android SDK and Linux Installation Tutorial

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
So, I hope this is okay to post here (I made a post on the Droid X forums, but this is probably a better spot, since it's not specifically for the X) but my husband is writing a Linux blog, and included a post about how to install the Android SDK in Linux.

He started out with detailed instructions on how to install Linux, which I think a lot of people are looking for. I know a lot of us are busy and don't have time to search the internet forever looking for proper instructions, and I also know a lot of us are Android loyalists and might know a lot about Android, but not necessarily a lot about Linux. As developers know, they go well together, so I thought we thought this might be a good way to introduce people to the operating system and ease people into it who are interested! It's pretty easy to follow, and starts off pretty simple. The Android SDK post is just in there for people who are interested in going that far, and includes a brief bit on how to get started with ADB, but the big thing is getting Linux installed. :)

I hope this helps some people, and again, I hope this is okay to post here. I was a big Linux noob at one point and the OS used to scare the hell out of me, but I'm really glad I've learned a lot about it, and we've been wanting to share some of what we've learned along the way with people who might be interested in making the leap. Here goes:

(Remember to start from the bottom post first!)

Linux Blog

Reactions: DroidXcon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC