Hi. As of thid year whenever i went on google play and tapped the search bar to search for a game or app the store would close with the usual google play store has stopped working message popping up. And before you ask, yes have done the following: cleared cache and data, signed out and back into my google account as well as remove and readd them onto the phone i have also cleared the cache and restarted the google play services apps. Please this is getting damn irritating and i need a fix.
    Regards.
    Ewan Serfontein
    02-13-2018 07:29 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Mod note: I have moved your thread to a better location for more help.

What device do you have?
    02-13-2018 08:00 AM
    I'm assuming that it may either be a storage issue on your phone or that your phone may be outdated.
    To clarify, just clearing the cache may not provide you with enough space to use Google Play so deleting or moving files from your phone to a cloud or external device may help. It may also be the RAM in your phone that may be the issue, If you have a lot of apps in the background, I would recommend closing them or restarting your phone then trying to open up Google Play.
    02-13-2018 08:05 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Also, try booting into Safe Mode. Let us know which phone you have, and we can tell you how to do that.
    02-13-2018 10:37 AM