Account switching, will I loose data?

Ja5onG

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so when I got married I started a new google account (JGD account) and a few months later moved to android. So for the past 4 years all my apps and purchases have been on the JGD account

Sadly Im now getting divorced so I have switched back to my original JG account, of which I just used for email as I was an apple user at that point.

For the past 4 months I've been running the accounts linked together on my phone, but I'm now due a new phone so I'm going to just run the JG account on that.

I know that any film purchases etc are linked to the JGD account and cant be transferred which I'm fine with.

What I am unsure of is all the app date and contacts. If I just sync the phone to the JG account will I just be able to restore that and everything will be as it was?

I'm scared to unlink the JGD account from my current phone incase I loose data.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Anything done on the Play Store will be linked only to the account used for that action. If the JGD account was your primary account and was used for the Play Store actions, then that's the one everything is linked to.

The contacts are a bit easier. Do you have access to a computer? If so - log in to contacts.google.com with the JGD account, export the contacts, then log in with the JG account and import the exported contacts.

Actual app data is a bit tricky. Android isn't like iOS when it comes to restoring an app to its previous "glory" when transferring to a new device or restoring a "backup" after a factory reset, unlike iOS there generally just simply is NO restoration. However - if there were to be some restoration it would be linked to the previous JGD account rather than the JG one so it wouldn't come back anyway.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Depends on the app for the data. For some games can be unlinked from the Google account, but the save data on the phone retains the same. If you link it to a new account, you're good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt