Android no paging?

JDenver2

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
Android versions 4, 5 and 6 seem to have a problem with form data. E.g. if I start to fill out a website form then switch to another app and then go back to back the form it is empty, unlike behaviour in Windows.

Also my place in web page usually goes to back the top on switching apps. Requiring a long scroll down back to where I was reading. Are these paging problem. Any fix such as using a device with more RAM? I would have thought the few gigs most have would be enough. Very annoying.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That actually depends on how the site is written, and whether your web browser is accepting cookies. If the site is written properly, it keeps track of what you entered and where you were in variables called session variables, and sends your browser a cookie with, among other things, your session number. (When you connect to another site using the same tab, your browser has to be told not to delete the cookie.) Then, when you go back to the site, it requests its cookie and, if it gets one, and that session is still live (the default timeout on most web servers is 30 minutes after you stop interacting with the site), the site acts as f you never left.

One of a few things could be happening. You might have cookies turned off. Your browser might be destroying cookies if you go to another site using the same tab. (And you might be opening another tab on your desktop browser if you're going to another site, so that wouldn't cause a problem even if the browser were set that way.)

But it's not Android versions, it's the settings in the web browser and how you're using the browser. If you accept cookies, and don't use the same tab to go to another site while you're filling out a form, you shouldn't lose your data or your place on the form.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood