considering an android device

jwsnj3rd

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Question im currently a blackberry user and i like how i can hide apps i dont use like all the the crap verizon preloads or pushes to our devices. Im considering an android device for my next smart phone. i noticed on every demo or review there are tons of crap apps loaded on the devices. Are you able to create files and stick all the apps you dont use and hide them , like i can on my blackberry.
thanks

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I think there are apps to hide apps in the app drawer. I don't have names handy but this question is frequently asked and is likely addressed in an existing thread. If you're truly worried about bloat though, you should root and remove the bloat rather than just cover it up.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
all you have to do is download a different launcher from the market. I use GoLauncher. It gives you the option to hide whatever apps you want in the app drawer. There are plenty of options to do this on Android. Come on over, the water's nice :)

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, all the bloatware is in the app tray. Once I set up my seven screens with the widgets, apps and shortcuts I want, I never even open The app drawer. So I never see the bloatware.

I just leave the app drawer as is as a catch all. The seven screens provides enough space for all my stuff. Are you guys using your app drawers actively?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay