Does the The Verge website load slow and laggy for everyone else with Android? I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and it loads slow and laggy for that website and similiar ones. i can't stand it.
    02-27-2018 01:32 AM
    S7 Edge, using Samsung browser with the Adguard and Disconnect extensions. Main site and opening articles are pretty fast. Just a second or 2 to load.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2018 01:59 AM
    Super fast from the southeastern part of the US, but how fast it is for you depends on where you are and how much internet traffic there is between you and where the site is located (the same as your speed to any website) - a 50mbps connection means 50mbps from your ISP to you, not from a website halfway around the world to you. They have no control over what goes on in the internet itself.
    02-27-2018 04:20 PM
    it takes awhile to load all the graphics and thumbnails. I haven't looked on my LG G6. I use Firefox on my devices. I have a 50meg connection. all fiber. So my connection isn't the problem. Maybe the tablet is too old and slow. it always seems like many webpages always load slower and jump around when things are loading on android devices. i hate it. every time an add loads the page jumps up and down when i'm trying to read it's annoying. happens on most websites that have lots loading.
    02-27-2018 08:52 PM
    So I tested it on my Tab 4 7.0. It's a lot weaker than your Tab S, and I think it'd at least one generation older. The Verge website indeed loaded a lot slower than my phone. Where in my phone it's like 2 seconds flat, I timed my Tab 4 to load everything on that site at 21 seconds for Chrome and 43 seconds for Firefox. Both updated to the latest version available for my device.

I would suggest that you Switch to Chrome or the Samsung browser.
    mesocyclone30 likes this.
    02-28-2018 03:26 AM
    So I tested it on my Tab 4 7.0. It's a lot weaker than your Tab S, and I think it'd at least one generation older. The Verge website indeed loaded a lot slower than my phone. Where in my phone it's like 2 seconds flat, I timed my Tab 4 to load everything on that site at 21 seconds for Chrome and 43 seconds for Firefox. Both updated to the latest version available for my device.

I would suggest that you Switch to Chrome or the Samsung browser.
    So firefox is that slow? Thanks for the reply. Too bad for firefox i like using it for the bookmark sync between devices. I'll try one of the others and see if it makes a difference for me.
    03-02-2018 06:43 PM
    So firefox is that slow? Thanks for the reply. Too bad for firefox i like using it for the bookmark sync between devices. I'll try one of the others and see if it makes a difference for me.
    Chrome also has bookmark sync between devices. Samsung browser syncs with Chrome bookmarks as well.
    03-02-2018 07:01 PM
    Chrome also has bookmark sync between devices. Samsung browser syncs with Chrome bookmarks as well.
    True but they're not interchangeable with each browser. i use Firefox for desktop because i use Youtube downloaders. I quit chrome since Google bans youtube downloaders and no allow sideloading apps anymore.
    03-05-2018 01:22 AM
    Samsung has a tool to sync the Samsung browser with Firefox bookmarks. Although it only works pre-Quantum.
    03-05-2018 01:37 AM