Hi all,
    can someone tell me where I can find the procedure to change the partition of my J3 (2016)?
    I have very few apps installed but it is already full ...

thanks a lot, bye
    02-28-2018 05:04 AM
    What do you mean changing the partition? The 2016 J3 shouldn't have partitioned internal storage the way much older Android devices used to. All of its internal storage should be available for app installation (after accounting for the OS and any preinstalled bloatware). If you're low on storage, then you're running out of absolute storage. If you have an 8 GB phone, that can fill up quickly, since the OS and bloatware take up probably 5-6 GB.
    02-28-2018 10:53 AM
    yes I have 8GB.
    i thought it was partitioned and what I meant was to reduce the space for OS.

Thanks for the info, guess I have to go by root permissions to switch app onto SD...

bye!
    02-28-2018 11:25 AM
    Correct -- although I'd be very cautious about moving any system app to SD, since SD cards are significantly less reliable than onboard memory. You don't want the card crashing with important system apps installed there. At most, I'd identify unnecessary bloatware and remove those apps instead.
    02-28-2018 11:38 AM
    You actually could repartition the storage, but unless you've had years of experience with Linux, you'd probably turn the phone into a paper weight. (Phone storage is partitioned just the way computer hard drives are partitioned. In the phone you have a download partition, a recovery partition, a system partition, a user partition and about 4 or 5 others. Playing with that partitioning is just a little bit less dangerous that throwing the phone into the middle of a busy street. It might survive, but I wouldn't bet a penny on it. In either case.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-28-2018 04:42 PM