Hi everyone, we make an android app that can turn a standard android phone into a live video/audio streaming/recording device for use by security agencies. We have been asked by some customers to provide a 'hidden' camera option on the leading/top edge of the 'phone. We have used a local (UK) phone repair shop to modify a Samsung Galaxy Note III and replace/relocate the 'selfie' camera. They succeeded but the results are disappointing. The alignment is poor and the focal length/image quality is, frankly, only just acceptable. In summary we are looking for guidance from a UK expert who can suggest who might be able to help us. I reiterate, this is a genuine enquiry from a legitimate and credible business. All suggestions and advice is gratefully received! Many thanks.
    03-07-2018 09:10 AM
    Honestly I don't think you'd be able to find something that tiny and yet with high quality, especially if you try to do it with the front-facing camera (granted, newer models have better cameras, but if you're looking for VERY high quality, you'd need to look elsewhere). Or try to get a lens manufacturer to make one with a wider angle or fixed zoom, depending on what you need. You could try to use one of those attachable lenses, but those are usually bulky and not really meant for the front-facing lens.
    03-07-2018 05:34 PM